Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Issue #1 On The Way!

I'm diving headlong into issue number one of the long anticipated--by me, at least--Jed The Flying Head comic book series.  I have been compiling many stories, both as written drafts and as short synopses in my Jed The Flying Head Idea File essentially since the idea's inception back in 2005.  While I will not be releasing any of the pages until the comic is actually finished, I thought it might be fun to show a couple of the earliest JTFH drawings from when the idea was still in its genesis.  At the point these drawings were made, that was really all that existed.  The earliest germ of the origin story was still at least six months away from being drafted on my old Smith & Corona typewriter, and the only real intention behind it was to get a few laughs and pass the time at my job as a bookseller.  Without further ado, here are a couple of those drawings from the archives.




The first issue that I am working on will of course feature the origin story of Jed The Flying Head, and will merge thence into one of his greatest adventures from the World War II era.  There is much left intended, and so there is much to be done.  

J. Schiek



No comments:

Post a Comment